SustaiNet Group Ltd. is a consulting firm providing development consulting services in Kenya and the East-African region. We provide a wide range of consulting services to facilitate effective agricultural market-oriented and private sector-led development, delivery of environmental and climate services, and inclusive and transparent sector coordination in agriculture, rural development and environmental sectors.
OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a reliable Financial Manager to oversee and manage the preparation of accounting records and reports to ensure the provision of timely and accurate financial information in accordance with prescribed financial policies, standards and taxation requirements. Our Finance Manager is also responsible for developing and introducing systems and procedures that will enable us to meet our reporting, budgeting and budget control requirements. The Finance Manager is responsible for preparing and maintaining accurate, timely, complete and reliable periodical financial reports and ensure that all financial transactions comply with set company policies and procedures as well as regulations of our funding partners.
Overall responsibilities are the following:-
A. Financial Reporting
B. Financial Systems and Controls
C. Budget Management and Forecasting
D. People Management and Coordination
E. Other projects
1. Financial Reporting
• Preparation and timely submission of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to the Board of Directors and the Management
• Consistently analyse financial data for purposes of timely monitoring of progress/performance, financial outlook, projection and forecasting
• Preparation of project specific financial reports and statement of expenditure as outlined in project contracts / agreements
• Tax management ensuring compliance, timely filling and payment of statutory deductions
• Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations; and
• Support the Directors to identify and address issues and trends in accounting and finances.
2. Financial Systems and Controls
• Ensure compliance by staff regarding the use and application of internal financial systems and controls
• Take lead in the implementation and enforcement of organization policies and regulations related to financial management
• Take lead in undertaking internal audit
• Facilitate and support external audit sanctioned by the Board of Directors
• Enforce specific ad hoc/project related financial controls as outlined in project agreements and contracts
• Manage creditors/debtors and staff advance accounts
• Conduct internal reporting for international offices including locations in Africa and Europe
• Thorough audit of all transactions, ensure appropriate purchase order matching, credit terms and adherence to appropriate authorization and budget confirmation and clearance
• Approve bank payments and receipts ensuring all cash inflows and outflows are properly recorded and bank accounts are reconciled at the end of each month
• Ensure that complete documentation and audit trails for each transaction are maintained, filled and easily retrieved.
• Ensure that financial statements are accurate and that they reflect the position of the organization, and that documentation is complete and ready for audit.
• Create and maintain finance manuals and other working documents as needed to ensure staff adherence to recommended practices and procedures.
3. Budget Management and Controls
• Manage the annual budget process, providing guidance and support to Directors and other team members where needed
• Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs and project budgets and actual expenses
• Document budget management and control procedures and recommend for process improvements
• Monitor investment portfolio as appropriate and bank balance positions during the year
• Manage organizational cash flow forecasting in partnership with Directors.
4. People Management and Coordination
• Supervise junior accounting staff by providing instruction and guidance on daily work responsibilities and application of financial procedures
• Coordinate with other Managers and serve the Board of Directors
5. Other Projects
• Support organisational strategic and annual planning, and participate in a variety of special projects, reporting and initiatives as required
1. Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to taking independent charge of Finance Section functions
2. Ability to act as a team player who coach, support and train staff and colleagues
3. Well developed written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a confident representative of SGL
4. Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to SGL’s core values and principles.
5. Awareness and sensitivity of self and others: Has experience and the ability to work in diverse contexts in a culturally appropriate manner
6. Well planned and organized, even within a fluid working environment
7. Capacity for taking initiative and making decisions, with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required, a Master’s degree will be an added advantage
2. CPAK / ACCA qualifications in good standing and a member of professional body
3. Competence in the use of varied accounting systems with knowledge in QuickBooks is mandatory
4. 5 years working experience with at least 2 years in a finance management position.
5. Thorough understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and various regional statutory requirements and their application
6. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint mandatory)
7. Expertise in strategic management, project planning and budgeting, implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their applications, which include a clear detailed CV, cover letter stating the candidate’s suitability and motivation for pursuing the position. The subject of the application letter and email subject should indicate the job title ‘Finance Manager’.
Applications to be sent via email to email@example.com by 21st April 2018